SHS Wishes Emily Lapomardo Good Luck

Aubrey Brennan, Contributing Writer

Emily Lapomardo, an instructional paraprofessional for special education, has been a wonderful mentor for many students at SHS. “I provide support for kids who need a little extra help in their classes,” explained Lapomardo. Originally from Shrewsbury, MA, Lapomardo has spent a lot of time in Scituate visiting family members who live here. “It’s a very pretty spot,” Lapomardo commented. 

Lapomardo has become friends with fellow SHS staff member Elizabeth Clancy, who is also the new director of the drama program. Clancy said she knows her new co-worker a “little better than a typical colleague.” According to Clancy, Lapomardo works very hard to make sure students are well taken care of–oftentimes reading a book for English class to be even more helpful. Clancy says that her friend is a great resource for those seeking academic help. 

Outside of teaching, Lapomardo enjoys reading, trying new things, and spending time with her Cavalier King Charles named Bear. Moreover, Lapomardo enjoys cooking–especially soups. Due to allergies, Lapomardo must be very careful with recipes. 

As a proud member of the Queer Community, Lapomardo was drawn to SHS because “its a unique place for how inclusive and open it is.” Unfortunately, after the Thanksgiving holiday, Lapomardo will be leaving SHS for a new job with Study.com. Students and staff at SHS wish Lapomardo all the best in this new position!