The Scituation

Scituate High School's student newspaper

The Scituation

The Scituation

Polls

Are you addicted to Wordle?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Underclassmen Set to Enjoy Spring Fling!

Semi-formal dance will be held on March 28th
Claire Timmins
Sophomore Riley Guterl (left) and class president Nora Finkle (right) promote the semi-formal dance during lunch

The SHS graduating classes of 2026 and 2027 are hosting their annual semi-formal dance on Thursday, March 28th, from 7:00 to 9:00 PM. This year’s “Spring Fling,” a floral-themed event, will be held at the Harbor Community Center (44 Jericho Road) in Scituate Harbor.

SHS sophomore class treasurer Penny Murray said she is “excited” about the dance, noting that she’s already purchased her dress from Cattivo, a locally owned clothing boutique with locations around the South Shore.  

Isla Smith, also a sophomore, is looking forward to the dance and mentioned that snacks and beverages (chips, pizza, and candy) will be available for purchase.

Riley Patterson, a student government member from the class of 2026, said the music “makes” the dance. She helped hire Club T Productions, a DJ, to perform at the event.  

Tickets are being sold at varying lunches this week for $10 in person and $15 at the door.

The spring semi-formal dance is unlike any other high school dance because it’s exclusively for the underclassmen. Many students look forward to spending valuable time with their classmates. 

Murray encourages all underclassmen to “support your class” and attend the dance. She remarked, “It will be a super fun time!”