Maguire Joins the SHS Administrative Team

New Assistant Principal Wants to Make Things Happen at SHS

Molly Bonner, Staff Writer

Scituate High School welcomes the newest member of the administration, Assistant Principal Lisa Maguire. This former English teacher said she was immediately impressed by the “strong vision” at SHS. As a high school administrator, Maguire realized she was joining more than a school–she was joining a team.

Maguire is prepared to work with students and faculty to help make Scituate High School a supportive and safe environment that excels in academics. In the immediate future, she plans to work on attendance and tardiness. Maguire said she enjoys high school administration because she has a “strength in making things happen.” Hoping to jump right in and learn what makes the high school “tick,” Maguire said she’s “learning the story of Scituate.”

Beyond her assistant principal responsibilities, Maguire dedicates time to her hidden hobby: beekeeping. In fact, she is the proud owner of eight beehives. Maguire said her beehives, which come from Georgia, house 50 to 60 thousand bees each. Maguire also teaches a class at bee school for people who want to become beekeepers. This class prepares future bee parents with everything they need to know about beekeeping. Maguire said she also likes to drink tea with honey.

Outside of school and beekeeping, Maguire enjoys watching “Moana” with her two young children, Kaylee and Jack. She’s also a fan of “Game of Thrones,” “The Walking Dead,” and, of course, the New England Patriots.