Senior Sleigh Ride: Anna Kruggel is a Dedicated Student-Athlete

Ciara Callanan, Staff Writer

Joining the Senior Sleigh Ride is Anna Kruggel, known by her close friends as “Kruggs.” After living in Marshfield until first grade, Kruggel moved to Scituate, where she has excelled ever since with her two beagles, Addie and Dixie, by her side. 

With her recent decision to play field hockey at Roger Williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island, Kruggel continues to impress. With inspiration from her favorite class, AP Psychology with SHS history teacher Andrew Roberts, she plans to major in psychology. 

Serving in leadership roles for the field hockey and softball teams, Kruggel has been committed to SHS athletics. At SHS, she is also a member of Allies Not Bystanders, Student Government, and Student Council. 

Reflecting on her experience at SHS, Kruggel is grateful for all the people who have helped her along the way. SHS science teacher Cassie Thibeault has had a significant impact: Thibeault was Kruggel’s chemistry teacher during her sophomore year and continues to help her with physics, which is very different from any other class she has taken. 

Kruggel is excited for the holidays and looks forward to her family’s “Yankee Swap.” Many SHS students may be familiar with her chosen guest on the sleigh ride–Gates math teacher–and Kruggel’s mother–Amanda Kent. If Santa is feeling extra jolly this year, hopefully, he will bring Kruggel her wish of a golden retriever puppy!