Senior Sleigh Ride Spotlights Carly Bolton 

Carly Bolton is a multi-talented SHS senior

Photo compliments of JB Photography

Carly Bolton plans to pursue her interest in entrepreneurship

Sarah Villa, Staff Writer

Known for her natural intelligence, her knack for creativity, and her devotion to hard work, Carly Bolton is a senior who has achieved remarkable accomplishments during her high school career. 

Fueled by a hard-wired sense of determination, Carly’s humble climb to success at SHS is showcased through a multifaceted lens, as she continues her senior year with notable involvement in student government, DECA, varsity soccer, National Honor Society, and the National Business Honor Society. Carly also helped establish the new Red Cross Club, which has taken full flight as a successful school-wide charitable organization. Balancing her numerous extracurriculars with two part-time jobs, Carly is building an impressive portfolio of accomplishments–all while upholding her commitment to academics and her reputation for genuine kindness. 

While most students bombard the enterprise of Starbucks on a daily basis, Carly is behind the counter feverishly tending to their orders. Regularly working the Saturday morning shift, she keeps busy in this incredibly demanding and hectic job. As shown through the work she does at Starbucks–and in her second job at Harbor Light Toys and Candy–Carly is a dedicated individual who can also make an absolutely scrumptious latte. 

Carly’s aspirations to concentrate on entrepreneurship at the college level are fitting, as many of her classmates remember her winning invention for the 8th grade “Shark Tank” project: The design of her biodegradable plastic bag successfully brought home the first place title. As her interest in business continues to flourish, Carly is currently crafting a start-up business proposal for “Drop Bear Pies.” Carly would like to focus on selling family homemade Australian meat pies, explaining this business as something that “will also fill the market niche of Boba Drinks in the Scituate area.” Carly plans to meet with the Scituate School District Food Director to launch her business into motion. 

As for Carly’s future, she plans to pursue her real estate license when she is 18 as a means of developing her business skills and financial literacy. With these achievements reflecting her lifelong success, Carly will assuredly prosper in her future entrepreneurship endeavors. 

In addition to running clubs and new businesses, Bo keeps busy tending to her six chickens (Aussie, Darling, Leon, McFluffy, Pumpkin, and Sydnee), who have given her the gift of a unique childhood: “They are inspiring my interest in sustainability and the learning of empathy,” commented Bolton. Caring for chickens is a valuable experience that Bolton “highly recommends.” 

It’s difficult to grasp how one young individual is able to balance such a diverse set of interests, responsibilities, and abilities, but Bolton has worked tirelessly to transform her dreams into reality. Bolton’s future is bright, serving as a pinnacle of inspiration for any student who is striving to leave a strong legacy at SHS. 

When asked who she would like to bring along on the Senior Sleigh Ride, Carly said she would choose her best friend, Sarah Dorgan.