Anna Feeney Commits to Saint Anselm

Grace McNamara, Staff Writer

Senior Anna Feeney verbally committed to Saint Anselm College, a liberal arts college located in Manchester, New Hampshire, this past July to continue her academic and athletic career at the Division II level for field hockey. 

Feeney has been a member of Scituate High School’s varsity field hockey team for the past four years. Feeney is a two-time Patriot League All-Star and has been an essential player on the team, helping the Sailors win their league for three consecutive years. 

According to Feeney, her dream of playing field hockey at the collegiate level was sparked at age 12. Feeney said, “Attending Saint Anselm has been a goal of mine for a while now. A lot of my family members went there, and my friends now go there. I’ve always had a feeling I would end up there, and it has always been high on my list.”

Feeney is looking forward to reconnecting with her club teammates on campus next fall. She is excited to play on a team with familiar faces and friends. Feeney enjoyed support from her teammates as she committed to Saint Anselm’s.

Feeney advises underclassmen to “get involved in as much as you can. Set a goal and work hard in small steps and you will get there.”

Among other talents, athleticism runs in the Feeney family. Her mother played Division 1 field hockey at the Mount Saint Mary’s University in Emmitsburg, Maryland, and her sister Jane is a Division I track athlete at Holy Cross College in Worcester, MA. Feeney looks forward to following in her family’s collegiate athleticism and is excited to see what the future holds at Saint Anselm’s.