Senior Sleigh Ride: Lucy Finkle is a Leader and Entrepreneur!

Grace McNamara, Staff Writer

As the secretary of the Class of 2023 Student Government and co-president of the Healthcare Club, Lucy Finkle is an active member of the Scituate High School community who loves getting her peers involved. When asked about which year of high school was her favorite, Finkle answered, “Senior year is my favorite year at SHS so far. It’s awesome being the oldest grade in the school and having senior privileges, and I am super excited for the special senior events coming up.” Some of her favorite memories at SHS include junior prom, senior night for field hockey, and the Thanksgiving pep rallies.

Finkle is also a member of the varsity field hockey and gymnastics teams. She spends her time volunteering with ScituateFACTS and the Special Olympics; she is also a club member of Allies Not Bystanders. 

One of Finkle’s most honorable achievements during her high school career was when she was awarded the state seal of biliteracy in Spanish last year. 

This senior sailor is also an entrepreneur! As a young girl, Finkle loved being creative by constructing arts and crafts. Finkle brought her art passion to life and eventually created her own business. At the age of 10, Finkle established her own business called Finkle Sails. Finkle Sails sells handcrafted sailboats composed of linen and driftwood that she collects from local beaches around town. She sells these decorative sailboats at local pop-up shops and on Instagram. Check out Lucy Sails on Instagram @lucy.sails and find a decorative sailboat to gift during this year’s holiday season!

Outside of school, Finkle is a hard-working, diligent employee at Cohasset Pediatrics, where she is a patient coordinator. In this position, she coordinates appointments, handles insurance, and speaks with patients over the phone.

During the summer, Finkle enjoys working for the Town of Scituate, soaking up the sun on the beach as a lifeguard. 

In the fall, Finkle will be attending Middlebury College in Middlebury, Vermont, where she plans to major in Spanish on the pre-health track. Finkle has a strong interest in pediatrics.

When asked who she would bring on the Senior Sleigh Ride, Finkle said she would bring her SHS health teacher, Jaime Dwyer!