Senior Sleigh Ride: Michael Askew Continues His Family Legacy at BC

Colin Morley, Staff Writer

Among the top academic students in the Class of 2023, senior Michael Askew, often referred to as “Maskew” by teachers and students alike, stands out as a dedicated student who thrived throughout his SHS career. 

Born in Boston, Askew spent his first six years growing up in Framingham, MA. In 2011, the Askew family set sail for Scituate, where they have resided ever since.

In the summer, Askew spends his time living on Nantucket Island, where his family owns a summer home. While there, he enjoys going to the beach and spending time with his friends and family.

Askew is involved with many sports and clubs at SHS; he is a captain of the cross country team as well as a member of the ski and tennis teams. He is also a member of the Finance Club and the National Honor Society. 

During his junior year, Askew was selected for Boys State–a week-long event where top students from across Massachusetts come together for problem-solving competitions at Stonehill College. Askew described Boys State as “invigorating” and “an inspirational experience.”

As he approaches the end of his high school career, Askew looks forward to joining both of his older brothers at Boston College. (Askew was accepted during the early decision admissions cycle.) When asked about his high school experience, Askew said, “It inspired me to achieve more academically than I thought was possible,” adding, “going forward, I plan to continue that success at BC.”