Senior Sleigh Ride: Juliet Racette Enjoys Helping Others

Juliet Racette plans to major in psychology in college

Leona Breitenstein, Contributing Writer

Known for her impressive work ethic and dedication to her community, Juliet Racette is a wonderful addition to this year’s Senior Sleigh Ride. When asked about her favorite class at SHS, she cited her AP Psychology class with history teacher Andrew Roberts. In fact, Racette plans on taking her interest in psychology further by studying this subject in college. Eventually, she wants to become a counseling psychologist to help people with their mental health. She is hoping to attend college in the Boston area so she is closer to home. 

A member of the Bring Change to Mind club, Racette knows mental health is a very important topic, which is another reason she has decided to pursue psychology. She is also a member of Allies Not Bystanders, one of the biggest clubs at SHS, with a goal of encouraging more inclusion and diversity among students. 

Outside of school, Racette keeps busy with her part-time job at Buttonwood Books and Toys in Cohasset, where she has worked for about a year. In her general customer service role, she enjoys helping people who are shopping. Racette also values seeing all the children who come into the store excited to get a new book or toy. 

The most interesting place Racette has traveled is Quebec, Canada. She likes how different the culture is, along with the many different activities available in the city.

Racette’s favorite year of high school was her junior year because it was the first normal year of school post Covid for the class of 2023. She especially likes attending football games and pep rallies. Racette counts her freshman year English teacher, Karen Naylor, as her favorite teacher at SHS because “she’s the mother to all.” 

When asked to share her advice for underclassmen, Racette emphasized that students don’t have to overwork themselves in high school–especially if it causes stress. Racette said, “Give yourself opportunities to do your best, but don’t overdo it.”