Senior Sleigh Ride Spotlights Declan Scott

Declan Scott brings humor and physical fitness inspiration to the Senior Sleigh Ride

Mary Stevenson

Declan Scott is planning to study nutrition in college

Christian Pitten, Staff Writer

Scituate High School senior Declan Scott is one of the most unique and beloved members of this year’s senior class. Born in Portland, Maine, Declan later moved to Scituate at an early age and attended Cushing Elementary School, where he first met the friends he still has today. 

Growing up, Declan was always involved in sports, developing him into a great athlete–an attribute that is still evident today. Currently, he is a member of the SHS boys’ varsity hockey team. He looks forward to having a great season and possibly bringing home a state championship trophy to SHS.

Known to many as “Natty Deck,” Declan has a huge social media presence and following. His Tik Tok account has blown up in the past year, as he now holds 48.7k followers and 1.5 million likes. Best known for his inspiring workout and fitness videos, Declan demonstrates an exceptional work ethic–especially when it comes to working out in the gym. 

Declan’s favorite class at SHS has been Ornithology with Steve Maguire. He notes that the class is incredibly interesting and always a blast. More specifically, Declan enjoys joining offsites to different parts of Scituate because he enjoys being outdoors. 

One of Declan’s favorite memories from SHS was attending the pep rally prior to Thanksgiving, along with going to the football games with his friends. 

As Declan’s journey to graduation quickly approaches, he hopes his SHS legacy is being seen as a good role model for future student-athletes. Upon graduation, Declan would like to attend a college that offers a strong program in nutrition studies. With Declan’s determined mindset and positive personality, there’s no question his future will be bright.

If Santa could make one wish come true for Declan this holiday season, Declan said he would like Santa to bring back the season 1 Fortnite map.