Junior Prom Preparations Underway

“Night Under the Scity Lights” will be held at Venezia Restaurant Boston
The SHS junior prom will be a “Night Under the Scity Lights”

The Class of 2025 junior prom, “Night Under the Scity Lights,” scheduled for May 10th, is raising the spirits of many SHS students, and class officers have been dedicated to planning a memorable evening. 

Although the SHS prom has been held at the Indian Pond Country Club in Kingston, MA, for the past several years, this year, it will be held at Venezia Restaurant Boston. Overlooking the water, the venue’s location and food options won over the class officers. First hearing about Venezia Restaurant Boston from SHS junior Alexa Wilhelm, who attended the Hanover High School prom there last year, class vice-president Bradley Bossey commented, “We are thrilled that the Venezia Restaurant is hosting our prom this year.” All of the class officers visited the venue a few weeks ago.

Prom expenses are always a concern; however, according to class president Jane Ryan, the class has raised sufficient funds through merchandise sales, dances, and other events, which will lower the cost of tickets.  Bossey said they wanted “to ensure prom tickets won’t be a burden for anyone.” Faculty advisor and SHS history teacher Richard Kermond added that the class is “financially in a really good place.” Prom tickets are expected to be $80; however, students typically spend approximately $200-$800 on formal wear and all the extras, which can include nails, hair, makeup, accessories, and spray tans. 

SHS junior Allie Ryan is excited to dress up and have a memorable night with her friends. She noted that many of this year’s dresses follow the current trend of corset tops, spaghetti straps, and sequins, with pink, royal blue, and black being popular colors. According to Ryan, the best prom dress stores include Glitterati, Lulus, Lucy in the Sky, Revolve, The Ultimate, and Alexandra’s Boutique. Ryan recently purchased her sparkly sailor blue dress from Alexandra’s Boutique in Fall River. 

Kermond said he and fellow class advisor SHS English teacher Courtney Hayden are looking forward to the prom. Although the list of SHS teacher chaperones has not been finalized, members of the class hope Kelly Trayers, Kristen Emerson, Anne Blake, and Jonathon Schindler will consider the opportunity to bond with students on such a special occasion. Hayden mentioned that she is especially excited because the prom is taking place on her birthday, and she looks forward to celebrating with everyone. 

Junior class officers said students will have the opportunity to purchase their tickets and submit their seating requests before April Break, allowing plenty of time for all the necessary arrangements to be finalized. Bossey reminded students there is “no need to stress over tables this early!”