Scituate Football Playoff Season Begins

Sailors face the Blue Devils on Friday, November 4th

Matthew Minich, Video Team Manager

The Scituate Sailors ended their regular season last Friday, October 28th, after losing to the Plymouth South Panthers. The Sailors fell just short of beating the 8-0 record team with a score of 21-28. 

Sophomore wide receiver Lawson Foley continues his productive season with seven receptions for 104 yards, a touchdown, and five tackles on defense. Senior Colin Morley also had an impressive performance with nine carries for 54 yards, two touchdowns, seven tackles, and two tackles for losses on defense. 

Despite the loss, the Sailors’ defense appeared strong against the #3-seeded team in Division 3. 

The Scituate Sailors will end the season 3-4, landing the #5 seed in the MIAA Division 4 football tournament. 

On Friday, November 4th, at 7:00 PM, the Sailors will face off against the Northampton Blue Devils for their first game of the playoffs. The Blue Devils landed the #15 seed in Division 4 with a 7-1 record. Their only loss this season is a forfeited game against the Westfield Bombers due to a COVID outbreak. 

Despite their opponent’s impressive record, the Sailors are anticipating an excellent outcome. Discussing the matchup, Senior Daniel Thompson said, “We’ve had a tough schedule this season. We have played some really talented teams and grown week by week. I believe we are a strong, battle-tested team that is extremely well coached, and I’m excited to play in front of our home crowd and go to war with my brothers on our field this Friday night.” 

Come support the Scituate Sailors as they take on the Northampton Blue Devils at 7:00 PM this Friday, November 4th, at Scituate High School. The game’s theme will be camo.

Tickets are available on the GoFan website or mobile app. According to SHS Athletic Director Scott Paine, “This is a Round of 16 Game in Division 4. MIAA  digital tickets are required for this game for all attendees (including students). There will be no cash tickets sold. If you do not have a digital ticket you will not be admitted.” Tickets can be purchased using this website: https://gofan.co/app/events/763335?schoolId=MA14719