Aidan Sullivan Player of the Year

Brian Woods

Aidan Sullivan being lifted by teammate Tommy Greene

Elizabeth Davidson, Staff Writer

Senior Aidan Sullivan was recently awarded two titles for Scituate High School’s 2018-2019 football season. His position as quarterback helped lead the team to their first ever State Championship victory at Gillette Stadium on December 1, 2018.

After the unforgettable game, Sullivan was presented with both the Sweet Sports Player of the Year award from the MIAA and the Wicked Local Player of the Year from the towns around the South Shore. The two awards were released in articles naming Sullivan as their recipient. Sullivan said, “It’s just a cool feeling to see your hard work playoff” after practicing all season and winning the at Gillette Stadium.

Sullivan stated that for both of the awards the winner was chosen based on character and leadership qualities over athletic ability. As one of the captains of the team, Sullivan demonstrated a strong sense of leadership throughout the season as he guided his teammates and motivated everyone to work hard and do their best. Sullivan’s teammates even helped him stay motivated. Knowing that all of them have the same goal in mind is a crucial component to working hard and staying on task.

Winning the State Championship has made an incredible impact on Sullivan’s life, as he claims it was one of his proudest moments regarding football. Second on this list would be the close game against Dennis Yarmouth High School. The sailors almost lost the game, but they made a legendary comeback in the pouring rain, taking the victory in the first playoff game. After this defeat, it was smooth sailing from there to the win against Nipmuc Regional High School.

When Sullivan is playing football, whether it is during practice or under the Friday night lights, he is always “laser focused” and completely serious. However, when he is around his teammates in the locker room, Sullivan loves to laugh and have fun.  

Aidan Sullivan has made a mark on Scituate High School’s football team and made the most out of his last year at Scituate High School.