FLY Foundation Hosts Guest Speaker Lior Rozhansky

Lior Rozhansky of Flora Capital LLC met with students during a FLY Foundation speaker event in December

Scituate High School seniors Parker Hausmann, Charlie Hartwell, and Jacob O’Malley have taken their business organization, Financial Literacy for the Youth Foundation (FLY), to the next level. They started this non-profit at the end of their junior year at Scituate High School. 

Having organized multiple events to promote financial literacy at SHS, the FLY founders recently organized a speaker event. On December 13th, guest speaker Lior Rozhansky, founder of the private equity firm Flora Capital LLC, spoke with a large gathering of students in the PAC lobby. With an energetic and knowledgeable demeanor, Rozhansky gave insightful information about his career. Hoping to inspire another generation to get involved with real estate, Rozhansky told students to research and get into this growing industry as early as possible.

Rozhansky remarked how excited he was to speak at this event specifically because of the “younger audience.” Throughout his 7-year career, Rozhansky has found inspiration from his friends, who push him toward greatness, and his first supporter, his father. Reminiscing on the very beginning of his interest in multi-family investing, Rozhansky remembers his father’s words: “Try it out–what’s the worst that can happen?” These words encouraged him to take the first step toward the beginning of his successful career. He especially loves working within the Boston area due to the very consistent market and how desirable it is. 

Hausmann, Hartwell, and O’Malley are determined to educate Scituate High School students, and they are learning more about event planning with each event they sponsor. When comparing the December speaker event to a similar event held in September, Hausmann said the team had a much better “understanding of the logistics and how to budget time.” Hausmann said providing a professional environment is also essential. 

Regarding the event’s turnout, Hartwell commented, “There were definitely enough people to put on an awesome presentation.” As the founders of the FLY Foundation look toward the second semester of their senior year, they plan to host more events and eventually pass the torch onto a new set of students. This year, the FLY Foundation hopes to include “younger speakers to show students that anything is possible,” according to O’Malley. 

If you want to learn more about the FLY Foundation, follow their Instagram @flyfoundation02066 or visit flyfoundation.net to be notified of any new events and guest speakers throughout the year.