Senior Year on a Timeline

Valentine McNeilly, Staff Writer

SHS seniors–listen up! The recent midterm week officially marked the halfway point in the school year, and everyone is excited to see what’s next. Here’s everything you need to know to prepare for the second semester of the school year: 

February 14th-18th – Start gathering some outfits for a spirit week before February vacation! Rumor has it the theme might be a different decade every day.

February 14th-18th – You can also begin purchasing your Senior Prom ticket(s), but don’t worry–there will be more time if that week doesn’t work for you. Price TBD.

February 17th – Grab your ice skates and outdoor gloves because the Class of 2022 student government is hosting a skating event at Hobomock Arena in Pembroke on this early release Thursday from 1:50-2:50 p.m. Bring your friends to skate with music for only $10!

April 18th-22nd – Last spirit week (other than Senior Week) will be held the week before April vacation! Themes TBD.

April 29th – The event we have all been waiting for–SENIOR PROM! This year’s theme will be a red carpet/award show event held at the Indian Pond Country Club in Kingston, MA from 7:00-11:00 p.m. Beforehand, the promenade will be held at 5:00 p.m. at the high school. Due to Covid-19, the answer to the lingering question of bringing dates from other schools and different grades is TBD. In the meantime, be sure to share your dress or suit on the Instagram account @shs.senior22.prom for everyone to see!

April – May – Keep your eyes and ears open for information on Senior Assassin. A student from the junior class will let us know when to sign up so all seniors can participate, typically commencing toward the end of April.

May ?? – Senior Spirit Week will take place during the last week of May, including a plethora of events like the senior dinner dance, a trip to Laugh Boston, a picnic, visiting elementary schools, and more. Remember, if you don’t already have a senior shirt, grab one in Ms. Reilly’s room during H block for $20.

May 27th – The day we’ve all been waiting for–school’s out! Our very last day of high school will be here! Make sure you return all your SHS books, as your cap and gown will be held until your books are returned. (Reimbursement is required for lost books.) 

May 31st – Get ready for the last formal dance of high school! The Senior Dinner Dance will be held from 7:00-9/10:00 p.m.; location TBD. 

June 2nd – 200 spots are available for a trip to Laugh Boston. Reservations will be first come, first served, so make sure you and your friends are ready to sign up for a memorable day in the city.

June 3rd – Graduation ceremonies will begin at 6:00 p.m. on the high school turf. Graduating seniors will report to the gym beforehand–time TDB. Make sure you bring your cap and gown!

June 3rd – Senior All-Night Party! This is our final event as a class, so let’s make it count. Rumor has it the celebrations may take place at Starland this year!