Senior Sleigh Ride: Joe Masuret Brings Positive Energy to SHS Every Day

Reid Fulton, Staff Writer

Joining the Senior Sleigh Ride today is a beloved SHS senior, Joe Masuret, who is known for consistently bringing positive energy to the high school community.

With an eye toward the future, Masuret was recently accepted to Boston College during the early decision admissions cycle. He plans to study mathematics at the Morrissey College of Arts and Science. 

When Masuret isn’t leading the varsity golf team as a Patriot League All-Star and senior captain–or recruiting new members for the Ultimate Frisbee Team–you can find him scooping ice cream at Nona’s Homemade Ice Cream Shop. 

Despite his busy schedule, Masuret still finds time to serve as the acting president of the National Honor Society. Clearly a high-achieving student, his favorite class is Advanced Placement AB Calculus because of his groupmates and his teacher, Craig Parkins.

Whether in class, on the field, or at work, Masuret is always there with a smile that inspires others to be the best possible version of themselves.    

Though Masuret has almost no regrets during his time at SHS, he wishes he had done more to promote school spirit when he was an underclassman. As a senior, he enjoys fully supporting his friends and classmates at their games, and if you’ve ever been to any of the Scituate sporting events, his enthusiasm is hard to miss. 

If Masuret could be remembered for anything, he hopes people will think of him as “always being happy and nice in the hallways.” If you ask any of his classmates, he is clearly already seen that way.