The Class of 2022 Prepares to Launch

Lily O'Donnell, Contributing Writer

With the SHS Class of 2022 graduating on June 3rd, the student council and student government are planning activities to end the year on a good note. These students have grown up together for the past 13 years in the SPS school system, and they are all going separate ways in the fall. A few upcoming activities to celebrate their graduation include the senior cookout, the dinner dance, and the all-night party. Seniors look forward to these activities from the time they are freshmen. Sprit Week is always the last five days of school for the seniors. This year the themes were Derby Day, Superhero Day, Beach Day, Anything but a Backpack Day, and College Shirt Day followed by a celebration and a car parade. 

Recently, seniors were asked to offer some words of wisdom to the underclassmen. Senior Libby Cutler said, “Take in every moment and spend time with your grade.” Cutler’s classmate, Jill Connor, added, “High school flies by, so enjoy it while it lasts.”  

When underclassmen were asked if they have any words of wisdom for the departing seniors, sophomore Sydney Cataldo remarked, “Good luck! Make the best of it!” Junior Grace Dousa added, “We will miss you–the school won’t feel the same.” 

For many seniors, it’s becoming a reality that this is the end of their public school journey. All of the hard work over the years has paid off, and students will feel rewarded when they walk over that stage at graduation.