SHS Welcomes New Addition to the Business Department

Ron Villarin is the newest edition to the SHS business department

Kelly Granatino, Staff Writer

As the SHS business department expands, Ronald Villarin is a strong addition to the staff. With degrees from Boston University and Harvard University, Villarin’s education and extensive professional experience in the financial world–specifically in trading/risk management and financial technology–puts SHS business students in good hands.

Although Villarin started his career working in finance, he was always interested in becoming a teacher. Commenting that the timing for a career switch was challenging, this year marks his fifth year teaching. With previous experience working in Duxbury and Norwell Public Schools, Villarin also works as a STEM instructor, lacrosse head, and day counselor at Tabor Academy in Marion, MA, during the summer.

Currently, Villarin is teaching two sections of Investment and Personal Finance, where his previous career experience comes in handy. Along with teaching his own classes, Villarin helps out by covering other business classes when he’s needed.

Residing in Duxbury, Villarin is a father of three teenagers and enjoys spending time with his wife Marie and walking their dog, a Great Pyrennes named Ollie, along the “beautiful South Shore beaches.” Villarin is also Duxbury High School’s JV girls lacrosse coach.

Villarin says his favorite part about Scituate is “the strong sense of community,” commenting that he wakes up excited to come to work. Adding that he “loves the inviting atmosphere throughout the halls,” Villarin appreciates how people are always willing to lend a helping hand to one another.