Senior Sleigh Ride Spotlights Cody Morrison

As an avid sailor and skier, Cody Morrison brings extra fun to the senior sleigh ride.

Eva Garofoli, Scituation Club Writer

Known for his skill as both a sailor and a sailing instructor, Cody Morrison is a wonderful member of the Scituate community. Having lived in Scituate his whole life, Cody enjoys spending time on the ocean. He started sailing when he was nine years old and was first introduced to the sport through the Scituate Recreation Department.

Cody has a brother, Tyler, who is a member of the freshman class, and he has two dogs, Daisy and Max.    

Cody has a reputation for being conscientious with his academic work, earning him the distinction of being a member of the National Honor Society. With a hectic and unpredictable high school experience due to the pandemic, senior year—being somewhat back to normal—is already his favorite year at SHS. Cody has an interest in math, as he is an active member of the SHS Math Team. His favorite SHS class is AP Calculus, which he describes as “difficult but engaging.”

During the winter months, Cody is an avid skier. His favorite ski resort is Mount Sunapee in Newbury, New Hampshire. He also enjoys traveling, and his favorite trip was to Greece when he was 14-years-old because of “the different culture,” said Morrison. 

When asked who he would bring on the Senior Sleigh Ride, Cody’s answer: Tyler DiGravio, because “he is a good person.”