Bonjour, Jennifer Funkhouser!

Ethan Blanks, Staff Writer

Joining the Scituate High School community this fall as a French teacher is Jennifer Funkhouser. Growing up in Paris, France, Funkhouser became immersed with the French language and culture starting at a very young age. Funkhouser lived in a bilingual household until the age of fourteen when she was able to master both languages to an advanced degree. She quickly fell in love with languages. Feeling as though she possesses a “French personality,” Funkhouser is excited to teach her students about the French-speaking cultures around the world in addition to teaching the language itself.

Prior to joining Scituate High School, Funkhouser taught in New York, Paris, Mexico City, and St. Paul, Minnesota. 

Funkhouser is excited to join a star-studded language department and is looking forward to getting to know her students. Hoping to nurture a community within the classroom, Funkhouser is teaching French 1, 2, and 3, covering the basics as well as more advanced topics. As for the reception from the school, Funkhouser appreciates the warm welcome from students and staff, giving a special shout-out to the language department teachers who have been helping to familiarize her with the SHS routines.