Welcome to SHS, Ms. Corcoran!

Photo taken by Delaney Sandner

Delaney Sandner, Social Media Manager/Staff Writer

Joining the Scituate High School staff this year is Jill Corcoran. Some SHS community members may recognize her name because her sister works at Jenkins Elementary School as a special education teacher. Her sister always said amazing things about the Scituate community and the work environment at Scituate Public Schools, so when Corcoran heard about the SHS job opening, she knew she had to take a shot. Corcoran was ecstatic to be offered the job, and since starting in August, she has loved it.

This is Corcoran’s first experience working in a school environment. Before coming to Scituate, Corcoran worked at an optometrist’s office in Plymouth for about six years, which she enjoyed; however, she was ready for a change in scenery. Corcoran has always loved being by the ocean and frequently visits the Cape, so working in Scituate was an excellent switch for her. She lives in Hanover and is happy to make the commute to Scituate every day.

Outside of school, Corcoran likes participating in anything involving field hockey. She played field hockey in high school and participated in an indoor field hockey league pre-covid. Besides field hockey, she loves animals and enjoys pet-sitting in her free time.

Corcoran loves meeting all the students and encourages anyone to stop by the office and say hi!