Turkey Day Treat

Students+prepare+part+of+their+Thanksgiving+meal.+Photo+Courtesy+of+Elena+Goldthwaithe+
Students prepare part of their Thanksgiving meal. Photo Courtesy of Elena Goldthwaithe

Katie Heneghan and Skylar Rojik

The excitement of Thanksgiving is arriving, especially in New England. From apple pie to stuffing, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Mrs. Wade Baker’s American Regional Cuisine’s honor class has been working vigorously for the past two weeks preparing a special Thanksgiving dinner meal between the eight determined students taking the course. The “small but mighty” class, as Wade Baker described them, has been virtually traveling around the regions of the US to learn about immigrant patterns and the culture of food around the U.S. This Thursday, November 16th, they will prepare the meal to wrap up their unit on New England food traditions.

Wade Baker’s students are preparing two turkeys, garlic mashed potatoes, two different types of stuffing, roasted butternut squash, apple pie, blueberry filling, and pumpkin bread. Leading up to the preparation of the meal, the students researched recipes and generated their own grocery list and equipment list to prepare the meal. After extensive planning and over two weeks worth of work, the class will enjoy the meal surrounded by their classmates and staff members.

Wade Baker stressed the importance of decision making, preparation, and cooperation in order to make this meal successful; she concluded that her students have achieved all these things. The superintendent, assistant superintendent, and selected staff members are the lucky guests to the turkey day meal.

• Turkey Day Treat

News

8th Grade Student Wins Tickets to Reputation Tour

• Turkey Day Treat

Opinions

Keep SHS Start Time at 8:10 a.m.

• Turkey Day Treat

Entertainment

May Artist of the Month: Emma Huggins

• Turkey Day Treat

News

SHS Music Department Returns from Disney

• Turkey Day Treat

News

SHS Seniors Feeling Low About High Tops

• Turkey Day Treat

Features

Different Perspective, Different Vision

• Turkey Day Treat

News

Update on Damaged High School Baseball Dugout

• Turkey Day Treat

Opinions

College Acceptance Starts From Within

• Turkey Day Treat

Opinions

Student Voices Deserve to be Heard

• Turkey Day Treat

Features

SHS Senior Emily Whitman Spearheads Support to Parkland

Turkey Day Treat