Timothée Chalamet and Kylie Jenner: SHS Student Opinions

In the ever-fascinating world of celebrity relationships, few recent pairings have generated as much buzz as the rumored connection between two high-profile figures: Timothée Chalamet and Kylie Jenner. This unexpected duo has sent social media into a frenzy, leaving fans eager to dissect public appearances and Instagram posts. But behind the headlines and paparazzi snapshots, what do people really think about this relationship? 

Timothée Chalamet is a twenty-seven-year-old American-French actor, featuring in many popular movies and TV shows, such as Call Me By Your Name (2017), Dune (2021), Little Women (2019), and most recently, Wonka (2019). His acting performances have earned him nominations for an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and three BAFTA Film Awards. He’s gained momentum — especially amongst teenage girls — for his looks, fashion, and gender-fluid clothes that encapsulate a new spin on masculinity. 

Kylie Jenner is a twenty-six-year-old entrepreneur, businesswoman, and media star, appearing on her family’s Keeping Up with the Kardashians (2007-2021) and their spinoff, The Kardashians (2022). She’s founded Kylie Cosmetics, Kylie Skin, Kylie Baby, Kylie Skin, and her brand her adventure, Khy. She’s praised for her professional success and juggling family life with work, showcasing her simultaneous care for children with her newest launches. 

Many fans have felt the relationship was staged as the unlikely couple made their media debut quite suddenly. After meeting only days after Jenner split with her long-term boyfriend and father of her two children, Travis Scott, Jenner and Chalamet took the internet by storm. It wasn’t until September of 2023, though, that the two stepped out together at the Beyonce concert, taking part in surprising acts of PDA. 

SHS senior Tessa Norton was shocked when she found out about the relationship from a Snapchat reel and had to Google it to make sure she was seeing the truth. Norton believes it’s “a publicity stunt, or a way that they both know they can gain more press coverage.” Remarking that “the relationship will end once the public is no longer committed to following it,” Norton isn’t alone in her opinions, as many fans feel the relationship is only for publicity. 

Similarly, junior Katie Gill reported feelings of shock–the news revealed to her through a TikTok video–agreeing that it’s most likely a PR stunt. Gill additionally has heard the news of the Khy launch, pointing out that “it brings more attention to Kylie before the release of [Khy]. People are more likely to check on her account to see if there are updates on the relationship, where they become the audience of her clothing ads.” 

Not confident in the relationship’s future, senior Sophie Blanchard finds the pairing “out of the blue and random.” Her sheer shock to see the two together added to Blanchard’s belief that the relationship won’t last long, saying she “feels it’s probably a PR stunt from Kris Jenner.” Despite these emotions, Blancard enjoys hearing the drama and reactions surrounding the pairing and will diligently keep up to date on the two. 

As their relationship blossoms, it serves as a reminder of the unpredictable nature of life in the spotlight. Despite many details remaining private, the relationship between these two high-profile figures leaves us eager to know what the next chapter of their lives will hold.