November Artist of the Month: Halle Dowling

Halle Dowling working on a piece of art work in her AP art class. Photo Courtesy of Lauren Montgomery

Lauren Montgomery, Staff Writer

Halle Dowling is a name you’ve probably seen under artwork in the halls over the past three years. This petite junior has packed in four different art classes in her high school career already, including Drawing and Painting 1 and  2, Honors Art, and AP Studio Art Drawing. Her favorite medium to work in is oil paint. When asked about her favorite part about art, Dowling said, “I love creating stuff and the process of it.” This shows through her work, as you can see every little detail is thought out in each piece.

Dowling’s AP Art teacher, Julie Hickey, had lots to say about the skills she has seen within the classroom. “She is one of the most talented students I have had in my 17 years here,” Hickey said. “You just need to show her something once and she just takes it from there–she’s pretty amazing–she just has a really open, positive attitude,” she added. SHS art teacher Stacey Hendrickson, who taught Dowling last year for Honors Art, agreed with Hickey and said, “She is one of those kids who can and will go all the way with this.”

Dowling hopes to continue working in the field of art–possibly pursuing a career in graphic design or architecture.