SHS Reacts to the Super Bowl

Nathan Moore, Staff Writer

Last night’s Super Bowl game was a nail biter that shattered records while sealing Tom Brady’s legacy. The game set numerous records, among the most notable: Largest deficit overcome, most Super Bowl rings by a quarterback, most Super Bowls between a coach, quarterback duo, and most passing yards by a quarterback. With 31 unanswered points throughout the second half by the Patriots to overcome a 25-point deficit, this game will surely go down in history as one of legend. To gauge people’s reactions to the games, we took to the halls of SHS and asked students to describe the game in five words or less:

• Atlanta Chokes. Biggest comeback ever.
  • Matt Ryan and defense choke
  • Absolutely sensational
  • Oh no. Wait, YESSSSS!
  • Goodell booed off stage
  • Amazing. Scary. Suspenseful. Life Altering

Most students were blown away by the game, while some had more different reactions:

• Sports are for nerds
  • Zootopia was better
  • I was trying to sleep
  • It was dumb

Scituate High School seems to be a bit quieter today, as many kids are absent or they arrived tardy. During the past week, absences have been higher due to sickness but have averaged about 55 students per day. According to today’s attendance report, 104 kids are absent and 96 students reported to school late, a stark contrast to the average of about 40-50. Widespread absence is also expected during the February 7th Super Bowl parade in Boston.

Regardless of who was being rooted for, almost every fan can agree that this Super Bowl game kept the audience on the edge of their seats for the entire 60 minutes — and then some.