Lesniak and Matisoff Bid Farewell to Senior Class

Class of 2017 faculty advisers bid farewell to the graduates

Samantha Lesniak and Michael Matisoff, SHS Faculty Contributors

Hello Class of 2017!

Can you believe this day is already here?  It’s hard to believe those itty bitty freshmen that we met four years ago would stand before us now ready to enter the world as adults.  

We’ve had a lot of great memories over the years.  Do you remember the freshman semi?  You were all dressed up and excited to be at your very first high school dance.  You rode the roller coasters at Six Flags and spent way too much money on games to earn a stuffed animal.  You endured the sophomore slump and fought your way through junior year.  You supported each other through AP Exams, SATs, the mythical ‘cry month’ and college visits.  You frantically found prom dates and awkwardly arranged dates for your friends.   Despite all the stress, you had an amazing time at Granite Links.  You managed to almost collapse the dance floor with your energy, but you made some memories in the process.

Senior Year went by in a blur.  You fought (or didn’t bother to fight) your senioritis but might have found yourself already getting nostalgic about teachers and classmates you would miss.  You made decisions about your future and solidified your plans.  Now, as you get ready to graduate, you have wonderful memories from the Dinner Dance, Senior Trip and Class BBQ.  You relived your glory days at your elementary schools, and you remembered just how little you once were.  Those itty bitty freshmen have come together as a class and are ready to graduate as a united group.

As you look back at the past four years, think about how much the school has impacted you, but also think about how much you have impacted the school.  Fundraisers, sports games, clubs, chorus, drama, band, trips abroad — you made these your own and shaped the culture of the school.  Your contributions to this culture are the legacy you leave behind.

We are so proud of you, Class of 2017, and we can’t wait to see where you go next.

All the best,

Ms. Lesniak and Mr. Matisoff